Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Fishing 101

So begins our fishing adventure... or actually, A is already done fishing. lol. I am debating if we should be anonymous or not.

We compare our relationships to fishing - you know, the whole analogy of "There are plenty of fish in the sea." The question ends up being, "But what if I don't know how to fish?" Regardless, catching a compatible one is rare.

So I'm on a boat, but I have no intention of catching and taking home a fish. In a sense, I am fishing with no bait. Yet I have multiple lines in the water, compared to A's one line. I catch multiple fish, but I do not reel any in. I let them be, on or off my line and end up releasing them. To me, fishing is recreational; I catch, I release. Fishing too long ends up hurting someone; either the fish just gets stuck on the line, or the fisherman gets frustrated or starved. Maybe this analogy is too vague, but in time it'll make sense.

Love is like the sea
leaves you on your knees
feel it pull you in
then it takes you, takes you over over

first you're floating high
then it takes you, takes you under under

taking my breath away
currents got hold of me
sweeping me away
wish that I could stay
takes me to the top
it's the cycle that never stops

No comments:

Post a Comment